MEMO FROM GEORGE LUCAS RE: HOW TO FIX THIS SCENE IN FUTURE RELEASE REVISIONS:
Move the guy closer so that Luke actually looks like he’s kicking him. C’MON PEOPLE. OUTSIDE THE BOX HERE.
- Make Luke’s foot bigger. And, the guy explodes.
- Change the guy into an elaborately detailed space-lemur thingy.
- When the guy flings his blaster into the air, it hits the other guy in the head. SOUND EFFECTS TEAM: find me a comical sound effect for this, like BA-GINK or DO-BOING. Something.
- Luke kicking him in the face is kind of cruel here, isn’t it? He’s not that guy. Let’s insert a close-up of fly-by Boba Fett shooting at the guy. This will explain how he’s propelled backward and we can show Luke shaking his head sadly or something.
- What if one of these guys farts? Might lighten it up a bit, right?
- Replace Luke with Hayden Christensen and add in time-travel subplot.
(Source: absolutefucker, via gooso)